Saturday, November 6, 2010

If I Die Young (single)

           If I Die Young is a song by The Band Perry. It tells the story of the struggles of life and the joys of it. Kimberly Perry's voice is pure. She wrote the song and therefore you can hear the emotion and power in her voice. The group is made up of Reid Perry, Kimberly Perry, and Neil Perry. They are all family members.
          In this song Neil and Reid sing backup and play instruments. Kimberly is the lead singer. The lyrics in this song definitely get stuck in your head. One of my favorite verses is "A penny for my thoughts, oh no I’ll sell them for a dollar/They're worth so much more after I’m a gonner/And maybe then you’ll hear the words I been singin’ /Funny when you're dead how people start listenin’." It is so true. This song gives people hope and power to keep going in their lives even when it gets hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment